The latest transfer gossip is here! While the January window may have closed, teams around Europe are already looking forward to the summer. Stay ahead of the game with Transfer Talk, bringing you all the rumors, comings, goings, and completed deals!
TOP STORY: Barcelona set to sign Man City’s Gundogan
Barcelona is determined to sign Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan in the summer as his current contract ends this season. According to Diario Sport, Gundogan is turning down any new offers from Man City and is eager to join the Camp Nou. Barcelona’s coaching staff is impressed by Gundogan’s versatility in midfield, physical conditioning and performance, and believe he will add value to the team.
Barcelona is pushing to sign Gundogan despite their ongoing financial issues. The club aims to negotiate a deal with Gundogan, offering him more than the two-year contract originally planned. Barcelona is reportedly confident they will be able to reduce their wage bill and sign Gundogan as a free agent during the summer transfer window.
– According to Le Parisien, Arsenal has shown interest in N’Golo Kante, Chelsea’s midfielder who may be leaving the club at the end of the season when his contract expires. It is expected that N’Golo Kante will sign a new contract with Chelsea, but rumors still swirl around the possibility of him going elsewhere.
– Flamengo winger Matheus Goncalves may be headed to Real Madrid, Chelsea, Newcastle United or Arsenal, who all have scouts monitoring his development, according to Ekrem Konur. Goncalves has made 11 first-team appearances for the club, scoring two times.
– Fulham, Everton, Aston Villa, West Ham United, and Newcastle United may join the queue to sign Roberto Firmino in the summer when his contract with Liverpool expires. Ekrem Konur has confirmed that the 31-year-old forward will not renew his contract, and will become a free agent.
– 22-year-old French right-back Sacha Boey is looking to leave Galatasaray in search of new opportunities. According to Foot Mercato, Crystal Palace and Wolfsburg have shown interest in the player, but Premier League and Bundesliga interest remains.
– Don’t miss a second of European football with ESPN+.Subscribe now!
– Keep up-to-date with insider info on ESPN+. Check out our content!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings