Get the Latest Transfer Gossip and Rumours with Transfer Talk
Stay ahead of the game with Transfer Talk, your go-to destination for all the latest buzz on transfer rumours, done deals, comings and goings across Europe and beyond.
Xavi Wants Ilkay Gundogan at Barcelona
Reports reveal that Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez has made a special plea to sign Manchester City captain, Ilkay Gundogan, whose contract with the club is set to expire at the end of the season. While City is unwilling to let go of the player, they are reportedly in the market for midfield reinforcements this summer with Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham heavily linked for the role. Add to this, the fact that Barcelona is looking to reduce their expenses due to LaLiga’s Financial Fair Play rules, and Gundogan’s potential move to the Spanish club becomes all the more plausible.
– Barcelona are not interested in joining a bidding war for Evan N’Dicka, a defender from Eintracht Frankfurt, despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain. The French player’s contract expires later this year, but Barcelona is reluctant to join the competition given their current financial woes. Clubs in Italy and England have also shown interest in the player.
– Premier League clubs Newcastle United, West Ham United, and Everton are monitoring the talented Arsenal forward, Folarin Balogun. While he has impressed on loan at Stade Reims, with 18 goals in all competitions, his future at Arsenal is uncertain with a crowded forward depth chart. His international future remains open with the United States said to be holding talks with him regarding switching his allegiance from England.
– Arsenal is reportedly in pole position to sign West Ham player Declan Rice this summer, with competition from rivals Chelsea. Rice has reportedly rejected multiple contract offers from West Ham, and the club may look to cash in on the player, whose deal expires soon.
– AC Milan has shown interest in Union Saint-Gilloise’s forward Victor Boniface, who has netted 19 goals in all competitions for the club. With Olivier Giroud currently first choice striker, Milan is on the lookout for a player to back him up next season.
– Juventus is reportedly interested in signing West Ham forward Gianluca Scamacca, who may leave the club if they are relegated. The club signed the Italian player from Sassuolo and is thought to be considering a summer swoop. Scamacca has scored eight goals this season.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings